Life extension science, also known as anti-aging medicine, indefinite life extension, experimental gerontology, and bio-medical gerontology, is the study of slowing down or reversing the processes of aging to extend both the maximum and average lifespan.
Check this super foods that stop the aging process.
1. Dark Chocolate– Really? Yes, you can actually both eat chocolate, which is a great indulgence, and slow down the aging process at the same time.
You’re basically eating yourself to youth. Dark chocolate contains antioxidants which are very powerful and they work together and achieve the three main goals to stall and decelerate aging. They increase the flow of blood in your system, lower inflammation and reduce oxidation. To get the best results out of it, however, you have to use a portion – one half of an ounce of chocolate that contains more than 60% cacao.
2. Curry – Powdered curry is an excellent mix of spices that slow down aging, while contributing an intriguing flavor, as well as color to a meal. It contains a high percentage of turmeric, which is one of its main components. Add curry regularly into your rice, poultry, bean, and salad dishes, and it will be enough for it to be effective.
3. Rosemary– All herbs have certain medical benefits for your body, but rosemary borders on miraculous. Rosemary leaves are aromatic as well as high in containing antioxidants and other anti-inflammatory components, like the extremely vigorous carnosol. Additionally, it increases insulin sensitivity, and thus, helps to corral aging.
4. Green Tea– It is an elixir of youth. It’s a very easy and very relaxing way to infuse your body and mind with antioxidants that fight the aging process. Green tea contains more than four thousand bioactive ingredients, just as the famous “flavonoids,” dark chocolate and berries. Green tea exclusively contains EGCG, which is a unique flavonoid and one of the most powerful antioxidants discovered by science.
5. Lentils– Lentils are excellent at battling the aging process. They are filled with fiber, antioxidants and vegetable proteins, as well as with potassium, magnesium and folate. Just like their cousins, beans, they’re excellent for controlling appetite and control your weight, because of the high fiber and protein content. Remember, body fat can be a very big accelerator of the aging process.
6. Soy Nuts– Try some soy nuts, preferably roasted, to get a snack that will help keeping you young and healthy. They are made out of a kaleidoscope of nutritional components like selenium and vitamin E – which are excellent antioxidants, as well as omega 3 fats. Soy nuts have a high level of potassium; phytoestrogens and magnesium that help optimize the blood flow.
7. Brown Rice– It’s excellent at battling, and protecting from many illnesses that cause premature death, like cancers, obesity, diabetes and cardiovascular disease. Brown rice contains ingredients like vitamin E, minerals, vitamin B, fiber and antioxidants that make a very powerful disease protection package.
8. Ginger and Turmeric– As potent spices, they add a colorful flavor to your meals, and in the meantime, make said meal helpful in corralling the aging process. They are very powerful antioxidant and have anti-inflammatory properties. They also present a mix of powerful phytochemicals. The main component in turmeric that helps battle the aging process is curcumin – which also gives its golden hue. On the other hand, while fresh ginger is beneficial, dried ginger surpasses it with its high anti-inflammation power.