For long time cinnamon is considered as a popular spice in cooking and baking. Studies show that even it is tasty; it is also very healthy, too. In addition, here are several excellent cinnamon health benefits that you should know:
– Reduces cholesterol – studies show that a 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon per day reduces bad cholesterol.
– Regulates blood sugar – several studies have shown that cinnamon has minimal effect in reducing the blood sugar and gives a feeling of satiety. This makes it very suitable for people with second type of diabetes.
– Prevents cancer – In a study published by researchers from the Ministry of Agriculture in Maryland, USA, say that cinnamon reduces the possibility of disease of leukemia.
– Anticoagulant – has the ability to prevent blood clotting.
– Arthritis relief – a study by the University of Copenhagen was proved that the patients who were given half a teaspoon of cinnamon powder combined with one tablespoon of honey every morning before breakfast had significant reduction in arthritis. Patients for less than 1 month started walking without pain.
– Antibacterial action – when added to the daily meals it prevents and reduces the formation of bacteria and food spoilage, making it a natural preservative.
– Health of the brain – in one study it is demonstrated that the smell of cinnamon increases cognitive function and memory.
– It is rich in nutrients – cinnamon is an excellent source of manganese, fiber, iron and calcium.
Those are some of the best cinnamon health benefits. Start to use cinnamon daily, use this cinnamon health benefits at maximum.