Celery (Apium graveolens var. dulce) is a plant variety in the family Apiaceae, commonly used as a vegetable. Celery seed is also used as a spice. The plant grows to 1 m (3.3 ft) tall.
Celery is used around the world as a vegetable for the crisp petiole (leaf stalk). The leaves are strongly flavored and are used less often, either as a flavoring in soups and stews or as a dried herb and it have a lot of health benefits.
Medicinal properties applications and health benefits of celery:
- Airway: soothes coughs and helps with throat inflammation, pneumonia, bronchitis and asthma.
- Heart: It improves the functioning of the heart.
- Blood and blood vessels: Clears the blood, reduces blood sugar, improves circulation and reduces blood pressure.
- Peristalsis: Improves the functioning of the intestines, helps with bloating and gas, it facilitates the digestion
- Liver and Gall: improves liver functioning, helps with inflammation in case of gallstones.
- Kidneys and bladder: improves kidney functioning and excretion of urine, helps with inflammation of the bladder and urethra, and helps kick up sand and stones from the kidney.
- Men diseases: Helps with poorly bladder emptying and residual urine in inflamed and enlarged prostate.
- Bones and joints: helps with rheumatism, arthritis and gout.
- Mental illness: Helps with anxiety, neurosis and insomnia.
- Skin: It promotes sweating and thus lowering the body temperature.
- Helps with overweight: It’s Ideal diet food.
Healthy celery drinks
– Celery tea:
1 teaspoon celery root (you can use leaf or seed)
250 ml of cold water
If you use root or leaf celery, you need to chop them finely and if you use seeds to ground them. Cover them with cold water and put the bowl on fire to boil. After boiling point is reached put the bowl aside to stand for 15 min. Filter it and drink it hot 2-3 times a day, before the main meals.
– Celery juice:
Take fresh roots and leafy branches, ground and extract the juice. (You can use blender)
Use 2-3 tablespoons of juice per day, mixed with a little water.
Try to use the celery in daily meals, use the health benefits he provides.