Risk factors for developing breast cancer include: female sex, obesity, lack of physical exercise, drinking alcohol, hormone replacement therapy during menopause, ionizing radiation, early age at first menstruation, having children late or not at all etc (source).
The best and easiest way to keep your body healthy is to pay a lot of attention to your diet. When it comes to breast cancer prevention, there are several things you need to avoid.
- Avoid saturated fats — like red meat, butter and whole dairy products.
- Limit your alcohol consumption to 1 drink daily, because it is the biggest danger for breast cancer.
- Avoid the “Great White Hazards,” meaning white flour, rice, sugar and white potatoes like the plague.
- Never consume trans fats like processed foods that contain hydrogenated oils or stick margarine.
- Eat less red meat (fatty cuts or processed), limit your consumption to no more than 2 meals per week.
- Exercise daily and avoid gaining weight and body fat.
- Don’t drink processed beverages like soda, sports or fruit drinks.
However, there are certain kinds of food that you can add to your diet. Below, we’ve gathered the most beneficial kinds of food you should eat to keep yourself healthy and prevent breast cancer.
- Eat any variety of beans daily
- And as many vegetables and fruits as you want
- Drink water daily – at least 2 liters
- Eat more whole grain products and cereals
- Moderately, you can use Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Drink more green tea without sugar or other sweeteners
- Include Omega 3 fats into your diet by eating more oily fish, walnuts, whole soy foods, omega 3 eggs, wheat germ, etc.
- Eat food containing more protein. This includes plenty of fish, poultry, nuts and seeds, beans, soy foods, etc.
- Don’t forget to exercise daily for at least 30 minutes.