As we already know, testosterone is the most important hormone in the man’s body.
It plays a number of crucial roles, like regulating your sex drive, distribution of fat tissue, increasing bone mass, muscle mass and your strength, sperm, and red blood cells production. As years go by, testosterone levels begin to gradually decline which has several consequences. Research has shown that 25% of men worldwide over 30 experience symptoms of low levels of testosterone.
Luckily, there are ways to naturally increase your testosterone levels by incorporating proper lifestyle changes. One of them is food. Choice of food can greatly determine your testosterone levels and choose the right food can even increase it. This is the most convenient and cheapest method of naturally increasing your testosterone. In this article, we will present you a list of 35 food products which you can add to your diet to significantly boost testosterone. We’ve divided the list into fruits, protein, vegetables and some other foods.
1. Bananas are the first on our list and rightly so. They pack a double punch with its high content of potassium and vitamin B6 which provide a significant testosterone boost, as well as a specific enzyme known as bromelain which has an elevating effect on your libido (no pun intended). It’s a great choice when you want to grab a quick snack or add it to your morning shake.
2. Pineapples are rich in magnesium which has been proven repeatedly to help with the natural testosterone production. Another mineral, zinc, can also be found in this fruit which is known to elevate testosterone levels. You can prepare it chilled or dice it and mix it along with grated ginger or chopped shrimp.
3. Grapes, whose skin has antioxidants that stimulates testosterone production. Eat them as much as you want.
4. ‘An apple a day, keeps the doctor away’. And not only that, it will also help with elevating your testosterone levels as it has high levels of vitamins C, A and even some protein all conducive to testosterone production. You can add them in whatever shake or salad you prepare.
5. Papayas are a tasty fruit that can be prepared in various ways, either mixed in a juice, eaten whole or as a compliment to a meal. They have high vitamin C levels which have been proven to aid in testosterone production and as an added benefit also aid in muscle growth and recovery.
6. Pomegranates are an excellent aid for those suffering of erectile dysfunction and those wanting to boost testosterone. Numerous studies have confirmed these amazing properties. You can also drink pomegranate juice when you want to give yourself a fast burst of energy.
7. Berries of any kind. Raspberries, Blueberries, Strawberries, you name it. They regulate and stimulate testosterone production among other great benefits to your health.
8. Kiwis, also being tropical fruit as papayas, are rich in vitamin B6, which has been proven to have a stimulating effect on testosterone levels. Besides, they are extremely tasty.
9. Oranges in whatever form. Either add them in the juicer or peel them and eat the whole. They have high quantities of vitamin C, which is known to reduce the levels of the cortisol hormone, also known as the stress hormone and that in turn is vital to increasing testosterone levels. Vitamin C is also responsible for attacking a specific enzyme which is known for transforming testosterone into estrogen, and believe us you don’t want that.
10. Avocados are another excellent choice. They can be eaten on the side of any meal or eaten whole. They have high amounts of fat-soluble vitamins, that are capable of significantly raising your testosterone levels.
11. Eggs are at the top of any protein list. They are called the perfect protein source because of the bio-available protein contained in the egg whites and they are also rich in essential compounds for the production of testosterone like omega-3 fatty acids, saturated fat, vitamin D and ‘good’ cholesterol.
12. Beans, whether in a dry form or in a can, have more zinc in them than most of the other vegetables and zinc is an excellent testosterone booster.
13. Fish of any kind. They have a high amount of protein, very low-fat levels and are an excellent choice for either lunch or dinner. Some of the best kinds are tuna and salmon which have high quantities of omega-3 fatty acids that help your body use the protein ingested in a more effective manner and aid in increasing your body strength.
14. Oysters have large quantities of zinc which we have mentioned many times has enormous testosterone increasing capabilities. You can prepare them in whatever manner suits you, except that you shouldn’t fry them.
15. Nuts, any type. Walnuts, Peanuts, Almonds. Eat a handful every day and you will boost testosterone.
16. Raw organic milk. Numerous studies have proven that this type of milk offers many benefits because it hasn’t gone through pasteurization. It’s a great enhancer of testosterone levels.
17. Seeds. You can sprinkle sesame on your meals, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds. All of them have large amounts of unsaturated fat which has a huge impact on increasing testosterone levels.
18. Coconut is rich in saturated fat, a great enhancer of testosterone levels. It is also proven to help with many illnesses. You can eat it whole or drink the inner juice with a straw.
20. Wheat bran is rich in magnesium, a mineral known to boost your testosterone.
21. Celery has been shown numerous time to aid the body in releasing bigger amounts of testosterone when consumed. You could just eat it raw without no problem.
22. Parsley works like magic for the testes as it has apigenin which helps in the creation of testosterone.
23. Onions are a common addition to any cuisine as well as an excellent testosterone booster, among a lot of other health benefits it offers.
24. Garlic is the closest thing you could eat to a miracle food. Even though you might want to avoid it before going out, it has many benefits like inhibiting cortisol, the hormone that works against testosterone.
25. Spinach was the favorite food of Popeye and it should be yours too. It is an excellent source of the mineral magnesium which is a great testosterone booster and gives you the strength of Popeye.
26. Broccoli has a high amount of compounds known as indoles which have anti-cancer properties and they also stimulate testosterone release at the same time as they rid the body of excess estrogen.
27. Cabbage is also known to flush any extra estrogen which in turn boosts your testosterone levels. You can eat it steamed, boiled or fried.
28. Cauliflower removes extra estrogen the same as the two veggies above. It also has testosterone boosting properties.
29. Beets improve testosterone production by the process known as methylation.
30. Turnips also have anti-estrogen properties.
Some additional foods
31. Yogurt has been proven by numerous studies to have compounds that greatly increase testosterone levels, LH (Luteinizing hormone) levels, the size of the testes and their weight, prevent their shrinkage and improve semen quality. And of course, it is very refreshing and tasty.
32. Ginger has been shown by one study to increase testosterone levels by 16%.
33. Ginseng which is typically served as a tea has been shown to improve the quality of sperm and to increase your libido.
34. Dark chocolate is the way to go if you plan on eating chocolate. It’s incredibly tasty and has vitamins in it that help with the production of testosterone like, magnesium, zinc, and calcium.
35. Butter, and not just any type, but from grass-fed cows. It has vitamins in it essential to testosterone release.
And this is where we end the list. 35 superfoods you can immediately add to your nutrition plan. You should always make sure to have a proper macronutrient balance in your diet. If you balance it right and eat healthy foods, you will experience natural testosterone boost which will a positive overall effect on your quality of life.