Western medicine has only recently begun to explore the turmeric. However this spice has a long history of use for more than 2500 years in Indian Ayurvedic medicine and traditional Chinese medicine to treat various infections, gallbladder problems, dysentery, arthritis and problems related to the liver. Several studies done by Indian scientists supported many of the traditional use of turmeric to fight various infections, poor digestion and diseases related to the liver and heart.
Turmeric (Curcuma longa), known also as curcuma is root extract which his active yellow spice often used in Indian cuisine. Turmeric comes from India and some parts of Asia. Today herbalists and naturopaths consider turmeric as one of the strongest antioxidants today. Turmeric will successfully help in the treatment of various inflammatory conditions including cataracts, arthritis, cancer, and heart disease. It is also used as a treatment for scabies and digestive problems, speeds up healing of wounds and strengthens the immune system.
Western medicine has only recently begun to explore turmeric. However this spice has a long history of use for more than 2500 years in Indian Ayurvedic medicine and traditional Chinese medicine to treat various infections, gallbladder problems, dysentery, arthritis and problems related to the liver.
Indian scientists have discovered that turmeric help to reduce greatly the pains in the joints and swelling among people with arthritis and those who use non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NS AIDS) without any side effects like stomach bleeding and stomach problems .
Turmeric is a natural antioxidant and thus it protects the body from oxidative damage. Laboratory studies have found that turmeric stops developing cataracts, breast cancer, colon cancer and tumor. In a study in which smokers who took only one teaspoon of turmeric a day for 30 days has proven to have a significant reduction of creating carcinogens and mutagens. In another study, only 500 milligrams of turmeric daily significantly reduced cholesterol levels of participants for a period of only 10 days.
Turmeric helps in cleansing the body of toxins, and protects the liver from the harmful effects of alcohol, toxic chemicals and even some of pharmaceutical drugs. Turmeric stimulates the secretion of fluids from the liver that are needed to decompose fat.
The recommended daily dose is 500 mg of turmeric, 1 teaspoon of extract three to five times daily. Preferably the best is to be taken on an empty stomach 15, 20 minutes before main meals.
Here are 20 reasons for the use of turmeric:
- It is a natural antiseptic and antibacterial, useful when there are wounds and burns.
- When used in combination with clove, prevents and stops the prostate cancer from spreading
- Its tested on mice and concluded that prevents the spread of breast cancer to spread to the lungs.
- It can prevent melanoma and destroy the melanoma cells.
- Reduces the risk of childhood leukemia.
- It is a natural cleanser of toxins from the liver.
- It stops metastasis of various types of cancer.
- Reduces the progression of Alzheimer’s disease by destroying the extra amyloids in the brain.
- It has a strong and natural anti-inflammatory effects and acts without side effects.
- Shows reduction in the development of multiple sclerosis in mice.
- It is natural light pain and cox-2 inhibitor.
- It can help in fat metabolism and weight problems.
- There are many centuries of use in Chinese medicine in treating depression.
- Because anti inflammatory abilities he is a natural remedy for arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
- Reinforces the effects of chemical drug paclitaxel and reduces side effects.
- Research shows that has a positive effect in reducing pancreatic cancer.
- Also have positive effects in multiple myeloma.
- It stops the growth of new blood vessels in tumors.
- Accelerate the healing of wounds.
- Helps in the treatment of psoriasis and other inflammatory skin conditions.
It is used in capsules or as a dietary supplement and can be combined with honey
It is good for use in salad especially one that has eggs. It gives very good flavor and color.
Counter indications: Should not be used by people with gallstones or obstruction of bile. Also should not be taken in critical pregnancies because it stimulates the uterus.